Becoming a manager is a bittersweet experience: You’re responsible for guiding your team to success, with most of the pressure falling on you. And while it’s an honor to take on a leadership position, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed – especially as a new manager.
Adjusting to your position is a learning process, but you can help yourself adapt with these tips from our experts.
- Use existing strengths to meet new expectations.
- Transparency is key.
- Establish a strong relationship with your team.
- Set clear expectations and goals.
- Recognize your employees when they do a good job.
- Accept feedback, but find your own unique way to lead.
- Get your hands on.
- Delegate your staffs’ roles.